The Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand (OTBNZ) is a health regulatory authority. We ensure the safety of consumers using occupational therapy services. We do this by making sure all occupational therapists meet the specifications of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003.
Renewing your practising certificate for 2016/17
From 23 February 2016 you will be able to apply for your 2016-17 practising certificate.
OTBNZ has created two documents to help you to renew your practising certificate.
- 2016-17 Renewal Information_ A Guide to help you through the process
- Frequently Asked Questions for 2016-2017 Renewal
- myOTBNZ user guide– Please refer to this if you have questions regarding the renewal process through myOTBNZ
- Payment information – If your organization/employer is paying for your 16/17 practising certificate, please note the OTBNZ can only accept such payments if they are for 5 or more practitioners.
Please note – Some web browsers have issues nominating a Third Party. The OTBNZ recommends using Google Chrome.
New graduate registration
If you’re a new graduate Congratulations on your new qualifications. The process to become registered with the Board can be found on are I am studying to be an Occupational Therapist in the How to Become Registered section.
For non-new graduate applicants awaiting registration and practitioners already registered with us who are awaiting information and decisions from us please note we may require additional time to get back to you during this busy time of year. Your request is important to us and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible. Should you have questions or concerns please contact us.
Search Our Register
If you would like to know if an occupational therapist is registered please search our register
Occupational Therapist at Hawkes Bay District Health Board Occupational Therapist from Counties Manukau Occupational Therapist from Wellington Layperson from Hamilton Occuaptional Therapist at Auckland District Health Board Layperson from Auckland Occupational Therapist from Auckland Occupational Therapist from Dunedin
Robert MolyneuxDeputy Chairperson
Occupational Therapist at Hawkes Bay District Health Board
Occupational Therapist from Counties Manukau
Occupational Therapist from Wellington
Layperson from Hamilton
Occuaptional Therapist at Auckland District Health Board
Layperson from Auckland
Occupational Therapist from Auckland
Occupational Therapist from Dunedin
The Board is appointed in accordance with the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003.
If you would like to contact a Board member please email them at email@example.com.
The main things we’re responsible for are:
- setting qualifications needed for becoming an occupational therapist
- setting standards for the clinical competence, cultural competence, and ethical conduct of occupational therapists
- registering occupational therapists, and recertifying them each year
- reviewing and ensuring the competence of occupational therapists.
More detail on what we’re responsible for is listed in section 118 of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003.