The Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand (OTBNZ) is a health regulatory authority. We ensure the safety of consumers using occupational therapy services. We do this by making sure all occupational therapists meet the specifications of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003.Where is our Roadshow going?
The Roadshow is on its way to a place near you.We have confirmed the dates and venues below.
If you are planning to attend one of the Roadshows please RSVP Olivia When you RSVP let us know the date and time of the session you are attending.
Auckland 23 and 24 June
- 23 June 11am AUT Northshore Campus Room AF114
- 23 June 2pm North Shore Hospital Awhina Conference Room 1
- 24 June 10:30am Auckland City Hospital, Clinical Education Centre Auditorium, Level 5 (Limited Wilsons public parking on site).
- 24 June 1:30pm Middlemore Hospital, Ko Awatea
Hamilton 7 July
- 10am to 12pm Waikato Hospital Bryant Education Centre Auditorium
- 1:30pm to 3:30pm Wintec RotoKauri Campus Room P20
Rotorua 8 July 1pm to 3pm Rotorua Hospital Boardroom
Tauranga 9 July 10:30am to 12:30pm Tauranga Hospital Grounds Puriri Room
Whanganui 14 July 1pm Whanganui Hospital in 4th floor meeting room
Nelson 12 August 9:30am Nelson Hospital Braemar Site NMDHB Seminar Centre Siminar Room 1
The Roadshow will be an opportunity to hear about the Competencies for Registration and Continuing Practice, Code of Ethics and ePortfolio. Juanita Murphy, our Professional Advisor will be facilitating the discussions.
Each session is approximately 90 minutes. We will update this page as we confirm dates, times and venues.
Occupational Therapist from Wellington Occupational Therapist at Hawkes Bay District Health Board Layperson from Hamilton Layperson from New Plymouth Occupational Therapist at Accesable Occuaptional Therapist at Auckland District Health Board Occupational Therapist from the Waikato
Occupational Therapist from Wellington
Occupational Therapist at Hawkes Bay District Health Board
Layperson from Hamilton
Layperson from New Plymouth
Occupational Therapist at Accesable
Occuaptional Therapist at Auckland District Health Board
Occupational Therapist from the Waikato
The Board is appointed in accordance with the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003.
If you would like to contact a Board member please email them at email@example.com.
The main things we’re responsible for are:
- setting qualifications needed for becoming an occupational therapist
- setting standards for the clinical competence, cultural competence, and ethical conduct of occupational therapists
- registering occupational therapists, and recertifying them each year
- reviewing and ensuring the competence of occupational therapists.
More detail on what we’re responsible for is listed in section 118 of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003.