Recertification for 2014/15
All practitioners would have received a letter in January 2014 from the Registrar informing that practising certificates for 2014/15 will be emailed and asking that you make sure the OTBNZ has your correct email address. If you have not received this letter view here.
If you wish to practise on 1 April 2014, you must submit your complete recertification (practising certificate) application by 31 March 2014.
To ensure the OTBNZ receives your application and you receive your electronic practising certificate (ePC) on or before 1 April 2014, please submit your application between 15 February and 15 March 2014.
Please note that the full Board has offered a grace period to all practitioners in relation to their CCFR.
You will not have to update your CCFR in order to apply. If you have not recieved an email informing you of this decision, please either click here to view it, or email email@example.com, who will forward you a copy.
Who can participate in recertification?
Practitioners who hold a current practising certificate and who wish to renew it for the 2014/15 year.
Practitioners who do not hold a current practising certificate but who have practised as an occupational therapist in New Zealand during the last three years, who wish to be issued with a practising certificate for 2014/15.
Please contact the OTBNZ if you would like to apply for a practising certificate, but do not meet the above criteria.
How do I recertify or get a new practising certificate?
You will need to log on to your account and complete your recertification application in this order:
- Ensure the OTBNZ has your current personal contact details including postal address and most importantly your email address;
- Nominate your third party to make an attestation;
- Ensure your third party has completed their attestation before you begin completing the online application process;
- Submit an annual practising certificate application and payment of $558.00 online;
- If your application is complete you will receive an email with your electronic practising certificate attached;
- If your application is incomplete you will receive an email from the OTBNZ.
Refer to the What to do for Recertification page on the OTBNZ website for a step-by-step explanation of the online recertification process. and
If you do not require a practising certificate for the 2014/15 year
Refer to the Non-practising page on the OTBNZ website for an explanation on the Register maintenance fee.
If you have any queries, please contact us by phone on 0800 997 755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for advice and information.
The OTBNZ secretariat is very busy processing applications at this time of the year so please expect delays when seeking a response to enquiries.