Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand

Consumer information

If you’re concerned about the care you’re receiving:

If you’re concerned about the care they’re providing, you should discuss it with them. If you’re not comfortable doing this on your own, you can use a support person or health advocate.

The Health and Disability Commissioner offers an advocate service.

If you have a concern about an occupational therapist that you would like the Board to address we require information in writing. To help you provide information to us we have created this form for you to complete and return to us.

If you have questions or concerns, or would like to discuss the care you’ve received from an occupational therapist, you can also contact us.

If you have a complaint:

If you’re still not satisfied after speaking to your occupational therapist, you can make a complaint.

You can make a complaint directly to the Health and Disability Commissioner.

Alternatively you can contact us.

We’ll need to know your name, the occupational therapist you’re making the complaint against, the date and time of the service you’ve received and a description of what happened.

Please note we can’t act on anonymous complaints.

Complaints Process
 (PDF, 810.87KB, 4 pages)
Our complaints process: How you can make a complaint.

Confidence in your health practitioner (PDF, 1.66MB, 2 pages)
A brochure from the Ministry of Health on how you can be confident of the care you receive.

Raising a Concern about an Occupational Therapist (DOCx, 127KB, 4 pages)
This form is to help you communicate your concerns about an occupational therapist to the Board..