What is the Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand (OTBNZ)?
The Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand (OTBNZ) is a health regulatory authority. We ensure the safety of consumers using occupational therapy services. We do this by making sure all occupational therapists meet the specifications of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003.
- Driving assessment and vehicle modifications standards – OTBNZ invite interested people to a hui to discuss the proposed standard for occupational therapists involved in driving assessments and vehicle modifications. This event will be held on 23 March click here for more information.
- Practicing certificate renewal open – Applications for 2021/2022 practicing certificates are now open. Login to your myOTBNZ account to apply.
- Blog site set up to update everyone on the refresh of the Occupational Therapy Board competencies, scope of practice and code of ethics. Go here to keep up to date, ask questions and make comments.
- Read our latest newsletter (February 2021) here
- Latest ‘In conversation’ video- Watch our latest video with newly retired Otago Polytechnic lecturer Dr Linda Robertson. View more interviews here
- OTBNZ training for supervisors survey – Read the survey results
- Te Rito bicultural competency e-learning module –This course is available to anyone who has a current practicing certificate. Contact: Terito@otboard.org.nz to get login details.
- Health Practitioner Disciplinary Tribunal (HPDT) – Read the decisions for occupational therapists here